Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to my Friday!

Friday:

Today I spent most of the morning just sort of relaxing, being on the internet, and exploring around the compound…and enjoying sitting in some nice warm, intense sunlight. J

Around noon, we went to a market where there’s a food court, some very upscale clothing stores, a Nakumatt (chain grocery store) and on Fridays they have a huge area cleared out for people to come sell stuff. It was the typical jewelery, clothing, decorative stuff, figurines, etc. I didn’t buy anything because I’m going to be here for a LONG time and I’ll have lots of time for that later. So we met up with the team that’s here from Colorado and hung out a little bit, then came home and did more sitting around and I took a little nap, then we made dinner for everyone (cheeseburgers! I haven’t actually had any Kenyan food yet…lunch today was Chinese/Indian from the food court) and did some more hanging out, played some spoons and apples to apples.

Theeeeen we tried to set up my little mobile USB modem thing so I can have internet anywhere and it took a while but it’s finally working. Funny thing…my computer turns itself off every time I plug it into the USB port. I don’t know what that’s about…anyone have an idea!? :-p

Then I went to bed!

No comments: