Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finally Going!

Weeeeeeeell since it's past midnight I'm officially leaving for Africa TODAY!!

My flight is supposed to leave from JFK at about 7pm, but we're also getting a large amount of snow through tomorrow morning...so I'm hoping and praying that the plane takes off in time for me to make my connecting flight in London! I have a decently long layover to make it on my plane or the next scheduled one, but I have no idea at this point just how bad the backups are going to be. So it should be interesting.

We're leaving the house around 1pm to get there around 3pm and will probably end up just sitting in the airport from 3 until 6 or 7 or ever much later, for me. so...it's going to be an adventure, for sure! Good thing I have lots of reading material.


Sunday we had a BUNCH of people over the house to say goodbye ad it was justCRAAAAZY! Cars parked aaaall the way down the road...but I am SO incredibly blessed to have so many people in my life who are willing to be there for me and most importantly PRAYING for me while I'm in Kenya! So Thank you Thank you Thank you...(and so on) to all of you!!

People were asking me LOT of questions I have NO idea what the answers are to...about the details of how things are going to work in Kenya...I'm sure I'll figure all that stuff out when I get there, so be prepared for a very informative "I've arrived!" blog post. :-D

So TODAY I had most of my hair chopped off! Pictures are scrolling by on the top, if everything's working as it should! Most people have said they like it, Emmy hates it because she has a strange attachment to my hair... (She told my aunt when she was about 4 that she wanted to be my hair when she grew up...........) So she was very sad to see it go. But that's OKAY because it's gonna grow back!! :-D


So I'm mostly all packed, I have a few random small items that need to be shoved into suitcases somewhere but other than that I'm pretty much set.

oooooooooooh oops. I just remembered I have a full hamper of laundry I was going to do......guess I'm waking up earlier tomorrow than I originally planned. :-P


2 comments:

AMDG said...

Danielle:

Your Atlanta family wishes you all the safety, fun and most importantly PRAYERS for a wonderful journey and amazing experience. You're taking all of us with you in spirit so enjoy every minute and capture it all so we can live through you vicariously!

Love and safe travels,

Lisa

Grace zummo said...

Dear Daneille, God bless you as you journey off to do gods work know that we love you. You are in our thoughts and prayers. love, Aunt Grace Uncle Bobby, robert, Zachary and maria