Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Completely Random, why is this bothering me?

Ignore this post, it's stupid and boring and irrelevant to everything you have ever seen, heard, thought about, or cared about.


Last Thursday I went to the gym.
I left my ID card there.
A friend of mine sent me a text saying I had left it there and it was at the security booth.
I was gone for the weekend so I left it there and just remembered to get it today, since yesterday was crazy.

I went to the booth and told the security guard that I'd left my ID in the gym and someone had brought it here.

When did you leave it?
me: Thursday.
him: Where?
me: in the gym.
him: no, that's not what happened.
me: confused look
him: you gave it to someone. you sholdn't give your ID to other people.
me: um...no I didn't.
him: yes you did. You gave it to that girl, who doesn't live on campus, so that she could use the fitness center.
me: no...I went to the gym and I left it there. my friend texted me that it was here, and she even lives on campus so she wouldn't need to do that
him: insists that this is not the case
me: maybe you've got me confused with one of the other ID cards you have?
him: (obnoxiously asks me if I am this other guy whose card he has)
me: no, I'm not a man.
him: well it was you. you shouldn't do that.
me: well I don't know what you're talking about...I assure you it wasn't me....
him: not convinced, says something patronizing and I walk away.

Now....this is weird.

Also...this shouldn't really bother me. Because I'm not in trouble. and this guy doesn't know me from a hole in the wall and has no reason to think I would or wouldn't be doing something I'm not supposed to be doing. why on earth should I care what the security guard thinks of me?
I shouldn't.
but for some reason, It's really frustrating that this guy thinks I did something I didn't do...even if it's not a big deal. I don't know why, but it really bothers me that this guy was reprimanding me for something I didn't do...maybe what bothers me more is that he refused to believe me when I said I had no clue what he was talking about.

I was seriously tempted to get out my phone and show him the text message that said "hey the security booth has your ID you left in the gym" on my way back from the gym, but I thought that would be weird so I didn't do it.

But it still bothers me.

No comments: