Friday, April 20, 2012

ACCEPTED!

Wahoo!! Got into medical school FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY THANK YOU JESUS!!

I was home for the weekend because, well I'm always home for the weekend, but my auntand cousins were in from Ohio and we had a surprise shower for one of them, and so I ha just gotten back from my long happy family weekend when I got an email. It was aaaaawesome! The only black mark on this whole thing is that I wish I could have told my Grandpa, in person, before he died. It was 2 months to the day after he died, and he wanted it so badly for me. I think he knows, but I wish I'd have been able to tell him myself and hear him laugh the way I know he would have when I told him.

So yeah.
I've accepted the acceptance and I am so excited and looking forward to FINALLY achieving one of my lifelong dreams - taking gross anatomy! (What a nerd!) And I'm excited about TA-ing histology, because I LOVED histo and I love the idea of teaching it...and a million other things. :)

I'm also moving forward with the Air Force, so I'm praying that there are still some scholarship spots left for this year, even though it's late, so I can get that going. It will be nice to have them paying me, I could use money. :-p

I'm supposed to be studying for my first Neuroscience exam of this block but find myself seriously lacking motivation. It's on Monday, and normally when there are so few days left I'm in super focused study mode but NOT SO this time. I don't think it has much to do with the med school acceptance because I felt this way at the beginning of the block...and it's not because I don't like it, because I didn't feel this way during biochem and I hated biochem. I don't really dislike it...but a lot of it i'm just like "meh"

We've done some development of the brain/spinal cord, brain/spinal cord anatomy and nuclei and tracts, olfaction, some visual pathways, the thalamus, ventricles and CSF, sensory perception, reflexes, propropception, and cerebral circulation.

That's a lot of stuff. I guess I have to just suck it up. but REGARDLESS I'm going to MED SCHOOL!

No comments: