Monday, November 14, 2011

Block 1 grades and old home videos

Grades are back!
Grades are great!
Might actually get into medical school this time!

I got an A in both histo and biostats (there is no A+) and above the medical student mean on everything that was graded. We took a nationalized test that I got a 94% on...a 90% is the 97th percentile so I am quite pleased with myself. My dad said "When you apply schools are trying to guess how you are going to do in medical school but now they have proof that you can do well" so yey for that.


Also, I've been watching a LOT of old home videos over the past couple of days and it is SO interesting to me...watching my parents with their same personalities as they have now interacting with me when I had no CLUE what their personalities were...hearing all the random background conversations between my aunts and uncles...watching Emmy be the big sister and showing me how to do stuff....some gold nuggets:

5-year old Emmy running up to my mom who was pregnant with Thomas and saying "Mommy when the baby comes out of your belly I'm going to grab its head and dance with it!"
My first day of preschool I did NOT want to go, Mom says "well we are going" and I said to her "well I am going to punch you in the belly" (she was NOT pregnant!) haha. So many things I'd forgotten...so many toys I remember having years later...so many toys I thought were Emmy's because she TOLD ME THEY WERE but I watched myself open them for my first birthday...haha.

It's also awesome seeing the house as I don't remember it...when we first moved in and tere wasn't even a second story, and when the kitchen was this tiny little thing stuffed with an enormous amount of stuff...and then as I do remember it- with the upstairs playroom and that weird blue flowery linoleum on the kitchen floor. I can see elements of my current self in my 4-year old self, and same with Emmy. It's just a very interesting thing.

So now I'm on break until thanksgiving. I havent done anything I was planning on doing yet...things keep happening! Eventually I will get around to pre-studying some biochem and physio, but for now I have to go downstairs and stain a billion pieces of molding for the door frames upstairs. things that should have been done 10 years ago when we put the extension on the house...but we are nothing if not procrastinators in this family (except of course Mommy).

No comments: