Monday, May 24, 2010

College

College is a social experiment
I'm convinced.

They take a bunch of people
who THEY have INDIVIDUALLY SELECTED
and put them all together on this campus

make them live together, work together, eat together, study together
all without the comforts of home, all without their families, all with few if any of their former friends

for 4 years these people live, enjoy, suffer, hang out, work, pull all-nighters, and do EVERYTHING together...become each others' best friends, and even each others' family

and then they leave.
what it took 4 years to knit together, we rip apart in an instant. and it hurts! and I hate it!
I wouldn't trade my experiences here or my friendships I've made here for anything, but it kills me to think how such an important and life-changing period of one's life is just over in an instant. I'm dragging mine out and it's going to be painful enough...it'd be even worse if I wasn't coming back in the fall.

I'm gonna miss this life!

No comments: